November 30, 2024

Thanksgiving



I searched for weeks to find a place where we could volunteer on Thanksgiving.  Finally, I found a church downtown that was serving meals to the homeless.  We showed up early that morning and mostly worked on boxing up 300 meals that were being delivered around the city.  The kids were the only kids there, but they all worked just as hard as the adults.  I was so proud!  The homeless were also coming in and out of the church to eat.  Harrison commented that a lot of them were veterans.  It was a good opportunity to talk about how everyone (in some degree) finds themselves in need at one time or another.   
Grace even got to frost a cake.  She loved that.
Everyone had their jobs.
After we got home, I tried to make a charcuterie board in the shape of a turkey.  The rest of the day was pretty relaxed.  The kids played and we took it easy.
For dinner we had a "Thanksgrilling".  Jeff manned the grill and Grace helped me make an Oreo pie.  It was a good day!