April 30, 2024

brave girl


Grace has been wanting to get her ears pierced but was afraid it would hurt.  She's been wearing clip-on earrings and even stickers on her ears.  After getting tubes in her ears, she had a new resolve to get her ears pierced.  I had to take Leo to the mall to buy new soccer cleats and Grace came with us.  We walked the whole mall pointing out all the places that would pierce her ears until she decided which one was right for her.
She was cool as a cucumber as they prepped her.
Leo held her hand while I documented the milestone.  I know she's tough, but I still thought she might cry, flinch, make a face or even chicken out.  She did none of that.  (I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck on the inside.)
seeing her ears for the first time
Grace was so happy and proud of herself.  She instantly seemed to age a few years.
She loves her sparkly earrings!
The next day she wanted to wear her hair down to school so she could surprise her teacher and her friends when she tucked her hair behind her ear.
She's had no problem sleeping with her earrings in and hasn't had any pain from her piercing.  Now her ears sparkle, just like the rest of her.