February 23, 2021

purple, green and gold


We didn't do much for Mardi Gras this year other than make a king cake and the kids dressed in purple, green and gold.  I was a proud Louisiana mama though when the boys knew all the answers about Mardi Gras in their Global Studies class!  Harrison helped me make the king cake as he got the baby last year.   The cake is always a big hit.
purple means justice
green means faith
gold means power
Jeff got the baby this year.
The next day was an independent learning day so Jeff took Leo to the air & space museum with a friend and I took Harrison & Grace to the museum.
This bear sculpture is one of Grace's favorite things there.  She always tries to feed the bear cubs mulch.  This time she was trying to brush their teeth with a stick.
 This turtle is one of Harrison's favorite things there.  He named it Joe.
Lastly, on this first day of Lent, I want to point out that Grace was wearing purple, the color of Lent.  I didn't realize that until the end of the day.   Although our family doesn't observe Lent in the traditional sense, our church suggested incorporating the color purple during Lent to remind us of the Savior and His sacrifice on our behalf. 💜