December 7, 2020

Happy Birthday Harrison!


Nine years ago today Jeff and I became parents.  Harrison has been everything we hoped that he would be and continues to surprise us (in a good way) everyday.  Nine years have gone by so fast.  One reason I do this blog is so that I don't forget the wonderful moments we've been privileged to share with Harrison (and Leo and Grace).
Harrison picked mini-doughnuts and a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
We let him open his presents in the morning before school.  He loved everything he received!
For lunch he chose pizza and we had birthday cake.  He requested I make an Oreo cake.
For dinner he picked Olive Garden.
He got a free dessert because it was his birthday, in addition to his dolcini.  While we were eating the waiter came by to tell us that our entire meal had been paid for by a man eating by himself.  We went over to thank him and tell him it was Harrison's birthday.  He told us that he heard us saying Grace's name and that he had a daughter named Grace.  Wow!  What an unexpected  dose of Christmas spirit added to our celebration.
Harrison told me this was his best birthday ever.  I hope every birthday he feels that way.  It makes me happy to see him so happy.  I can't believe he is nine years old!!
On a side note, I got my first ever pair of prescription glasses today.  The boys told me I look smart.  If only it was that easy.