As part of the STEM magnet program, Harrison had to attend one all-day STEM event in January, February and March. The first one was at a community college. The next one was at the air & space museum and the last one was at NASA. Jeff got to go with him to this one.
They learn all kinds of cool things and have several challenges.
One of their challenges was to create a stable parachute for a payload landing.
wind tunnel testing
The NASA engineer was impressed with how well Harrison's parachute worked and said that he'd never seen a design like his before.
Grace had a "living book character" event at school for Read Across America Week. Each student had to pick a favorite book with a character they wanted to impersonate. Grace chose Fancy Nancy. She had to recite a 1 minute narrative about the character and wear a costume to resemble the character. Grace hit the nail on the head with this one!
I was at school that day helping out so I got to watch. I was so proud that I had her do it again at home so I could video it.
Ooh la la!



