Back in November I received an email from the art teacher at school. She said that Grace's artwork had been selected for a school division contest and asked that I sign a permission slip allowing her picture to be submitted. Fast forward to March 1st and I get an email inviting us to an event recognizing Grace's outstanding entry in the Reflections contest. We weren't even sure what the contest was or what Grace did until we got there. Grace received second place in a category that included all Pre-K, Kindergarten, First and Second grade students in 24 elementary schools.
A.jpeg)
The theme was I am hopeful because... Grace couldn't remember exactly what she drew or why she was hopeful because she did it so long ago. What an accomplishment to get awarded for something you can't remember doing. 😊
The principal and PTA president came to support her.

that's the school superintendent

Grace was so happy to get a medal! We are so proud of her!




