I cannot believe that Leo is 10 years old! Double digits is a pretty big milestone for a kid. Leo picked out all the meals for the day and wore whatever he wanted to school. The only rules I imposed were that the clothes had to be clean and without holes.
He picked orange cinnamon rolls, orange juice and chocolate milk for breakfast. He got to open presents after we ate.





School is allowing treats again for birthdays. Leo only wanted to bring Fruit by the Foot to give his classmates. He also wanted Jeff to join him for lunch at school. Jeff brought root beer and ice cream and made floats for the two of them while all the other kids looked on. Jeff forgot to take pictures.

In December, Leo asked my mom to come for his birthday and she did. He asked her to make an Oreo cake for his birthday and she did.

After school, the whole family, including our neighbor Grandma Anne, went to Red Robin for dinner. I forgot to take pictures. Then we came home and had cake and opened more presents.
Leo chose to have an experience over a party this year. More on that later.

Ten years ago Leo came into the world in a very dramatic fashion. We didn't get to see him until the day after he was born; but when we did, he was under the phototherapy lights because he was jaundiced. I remember thinking that he was in the NICU spotlight. Funny how much he enjoys the spotlight now.



