December 31, 2021

Christmas

I love being a parent on Christmas morning!  The kids' excitement and joy makes getting up at the crack of dawn worth it!
And just like that, Harrison's ten-year-old foot is now officially bigger than my (size 8.5) foot.
One of the things I love about Christmas is everyone enjoying their presents.
The kids were so happy and thankful for their gifts.  We managed to stay in our pajamas almost all day.  Leo, however, just had to go out so I walked him and Grace up to the school playground.
In spite of Covid, we had some really good Christmas moments.  My sister provided our Christmas dinner again this year from Honey Baked Ham.  The gift of food was wonderful; but she also gave me the gift of time.  I didn't have to spend time preparing a big meal and that was pretty wonderful.  We tried really hard to involve the kids in delivering 41 small gifts (baked goods, poinsettias, cookie jar mixes, etc.) the whole month of December to those we wanted to surprise.  The kids loved seeing people's reactions, especially from those who are sometimes overlooked at this time of year.  It's hard for kids to have the mindset of "it's better to give than to receive".  To me, anyway, I felt like we made progress.