September 10, 2021

first day of school


Oh happy day!  The boys were very excited to start school (in person and full time).  They wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
They knew it would be a morning of pictures so they indulged me, which I appreciated.
They each picked out the shirts they wanted for their first day.
Grace was devastated that it wasn't her first day of school.  She had to wear her special shirt too (everyone thought it was her birthday) and pose for a picture. 
After school I asked Harrison to give me a thumbs up or thumbs down.  He gave me two thumbs up.  He said his first day was awesome.  He loves his teacher and has lots of friends in his class.  Leo came home with a thumbs down, not because he didn't like his teacher or his class, but because the school day was so long.  When you haven't had regular school in a year and a half, you forget how long you stay at school.  Both the boys gave great reports for their second day.
I anticipate a great school year with a lot of growth.  Both of the boys have excellent teachers.  Their open house was virtual so I couldn't get pictures of them with their teachers.  Hopefully at some point this year things will be open enough for me to actually see their classrooms and meet their teachers in person.
Let's do this!