May 14, 2018

Mother's Day


On Mother's Day I get to pick what we do.  I wanted to go camping.  We went to a state park at the beach.  It was our first time to camp here but it won't be our last.  We loved it!
This is our campsite.  It was very deep with a whole lot of sand.  This couldn't have been more perfect for the boys.
 It had all these cool trees perfect for climbing.
There were "sand mountains" everywhere.
 The big bonus for this campsite was that we were a short walk from the water.
Harrison literally jumped right in and that water was cold.
Leo's favorite thing to do is for Jeff to pull him on the boogie board.
then it was Harrison's turn
I love how Leo ran along with Jeff.
The beauty of camping at the beach is that you can play in the water a lot later in the day and get to see the sunset.
What a great relaxing weekend!  I also discovered a new favorite camp recipe, chocolate cherry cake.
Jeff & the boys did a great job with helping me have an awesome Mother's Day!  The reality that I even get to celebrate Mother's Day is never far from my mind.  What could be more perfect than time with my family.