We drove to Tennessee two days after Christmas to see family. It took us almost 11 hours to get there (now I remember why we usually drive through the night). The boys started to struggle at the end so I climbed in the back with Leo, took selfies and helped them get through the last few hours.
What made this stay extra fun was that Christian stayed in our room with Leo and Harrison got to stay in his Texas grandparents' room. They both loved those arrangements! We spent most of our trip just hanging out at my brother's house and playing.
Harrison feeling the love with cousin Emily.
Harrison decorated Alaina's door to surprise her.
On the last day of our trip I realized I didn't take pictures with most of the rest of the family. I hate it when I forget things like that. It would have been nice to get a big family picture. I got this one right before Christian left.
Part of the fun of a hotel is we let the boys do things like jump on the beds.
We went to the discovery center with Caitlin and Alaina after everyone else left.
Harrison loves to work on and fix things.
Leo was performing his own puppet show.
One of the fun things that I discovered this trip was that my boys have the exact same color eyes as my younger brother's girls. Leo & Alaina have the dark brown eyes. Caitlin & Harrison have the hazel eyes. I thought that was pretty cool! It was funny trying to get them all to keep their eyes open at the same time for a picture.
One of the highlights of the trip for me was a family slide show. My dad took tons of slides when we were growing up and brought some to share with us. Here are two of my favorites. Judging from the dresses, I'm guessing it was Easter.
talk about a throw back



